Very important menswear news.
A HUGE congrats to “Kenny”, formerly the Deputy Creative Director of Michael Bastian, on his wonderful new opportunity. I couldn’t be prouder.
Isaia is launching a new label.
The luxury men’s brand said it will introduce Eidos, a younger-skewed and lower-priced tailored clothing and furnishings collection, for fall 2013. Eidos will be designed by Antonio K. Ciongoli, who has joined the company as creative director. For two years, Ciongoli has been deputy creative director for Michael Bastian’s designer collection as well as the Gant by Michael Bastian line.
James Shay, president of U.S. and South America for Isaia, said: “We think Antonio is fantastic and we’re very excited he’s going to be joining our team.”
He stressed that Eidos will be a “standalone” collection that will be shown independently of the company’s flagship Isaia brand. Although Isaia is showing at Pitti Uomo in Florence, Eidos will not be unveiled until it is shown to retailers at the company’s offices in New York City beginning next week.
Shay characterized Eidos as a “Neopolitan-inspired collection” that is being produced in a “more approachable way.” Price points for the clothing, which will be manufactured in Italy with full canvas construction, will be $1,595 to $1,795, about half the price of an Isaia suit, which retails for beginning around $3,000. Shirts and ties, which will also be produced in Italy, will retail for $245 to $275 and $150 respectively, he added.
Plans call for expanding Eidos to a full lifestyle collection by 2014, Shay said.
Shay said the initial offering from the brand will be targeted to “a handful of specialty stores” and the company will also have discussions with some larger high-end stores such as Barneys New York. “We will show it to our existing Isaia partners and then decide where it will be placed,” he said.
The name Eidos is based on the Greek word meaning “form” and the Italian word meaning “idol.” The logo for the collection depicts the chariot allegory from Plato’s Phaedrus. Shay said it is a name that Isaia had used about a decade ago but the collection was only offered in Europe.
- dresslikea likes this
- charlesammich likes this
- whataqueerbird likes this
- richgirlred likes this
- glenallsop likes this
- freestyleblogging likes this
- unclebeebo likes this
- siafalewis likes this
- aaa88 likes this
- h3art-above likes this
- cyberxxxjenna likes this
- zillicoa reblogged this from downeastandout
- ascottie likes this
- greyongray likes this
- eviliswhatdistracts reblogged this from downeastandout and added:
- dieworkwear likes this
- pardonmyreach likes this
- thisfits likes this
- someonetoldmeabout likes this
- allthesunthatshines likes this
- sartorialsense likes this
- spacewontsmash reblogged this from tredicielupo and added:
- shirleyandgrace likes this
- essentiallydispensable likes this
- rippedbackpocket likes this
- petersheik likes this
- projectpaisan likes this
- bluishcalaveras likes this
- unmodernman likes this
- hudsondied likes this
- edwinzee likes this
- matt-boots likes this
- sekretpolice reblogged this from tredicielupo and added:
- sim-bad05 likes this
- rori5000 reblogged this from howtotalktogirlsatparties
- noblecustomclothier likes this
- jnetsaurus likes this
- newartcity likes this
- vnderstated likes this
- sekretpolice likes this
- stylishbydesign likes this
- cbenjamin likes this
- bestmoneyieverspent reblogged this from tredicielupo and added:
- modrockers likes this
- bestmoneyieverspent likes this
- jamiestuart reblogged this from howtotalktogirlsatparties and added:
- jamiestuart likes this
- dvlinthedetails likes this